Sunday, December 6, 2009

To-Do List: Ally or Enemy?

Good afternoon, writers! Today I've been thinking about how I hardly have time to write. However, something I recently learned is that you have to MAKE time. I always say "I'm too busy to write," when in reality, I just don't make time. I always lower it and lower it on my priorities list. I have homework and studying, yes, but then I decide to go out to eat with my friends or go to the movies or write Christmas cards. How serious you are as a writer and how high writing is on your to-do list will show how determined you are to finish that novel or to get that article published.

This post is a short one, because, of course, I have many other things on my priorities list. But do me a favor: try to inspect your to-do list and see how you can rearrange it. Then you'll discover how much writing truly means to you.

If you have any comments, feel free to email me at penelopepaige@rocketmail.com. I guess it's time to pick up that pencil...

Question: How often do you write? Do you "have time" to write?

1 comment:

  1. I never used to have time. And then I made schedules and to do lists. Now I have time for EVERYTHING, even goofing off. I think not having time is partly honestly not having time, and partly a state of mind and bad time management. I mean, sometimes you just don't have time, but other times you do have time, if you make a to do list and get everything (chores, work, etc) out of the way as soon as you can.

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete